Friday, July 3, 2009

Shopping in Vancouver: Places and Things I Hate

I hate these places with a violent passion. When I think about them, I get so angry I could kick over a well-organized pyramid of cans with my Brodie biker boots. But I don't, because I'm better than The Cult. On the upside, I watched "The Proposal" today and found the whole thing kinda entertaining.


Moving on, I HATE:

Shopping on Main Street

I particularly hate Tiger Tiger and Eugene Choo

Portobello West, which is a joke. It's enough to make your eyes bleed. If you like ugly, unoriginal folkart masquerading as charming, supposedly unique fashion statements, this place is for you. If you have anything resembling good taste then stay far, far away.

Dream Apparel (they've gone downhill and will represent just about anybody).

The Trout Lake Farmer's Market. It's just overpriced.

Silvercity employees. Damn slackers.

Metropolis/Metrotown. It is one of the most depressing places I have ever been. Plus, I am filled with an incredible sense of rage when I see all of those whorish teenage girls.

Coach and Louis Vuitton. A sign of bad taste.

Robson Street. Mindless crowds of tourists and Surrey-ites stumbling blindly all over the sidewalk. Shudder.

Holt Renfrew. Sadly, their hiring standards dropped dramatically when they expanded the space. To the guy I spoke to in the shoe department: if you don't understand the difference between a black, patent leather peep-toe mary jane and a purple, suede, lace-up sandle, then maybe you shouldn't be working there.

No comments:

Post a Comment