Friday, August 7, 2009

Jurlique

JURLIQUE ROSEWATER BALANCING MIST
Price: Approx. $38 CDN,
purchased at Quidditas,
also available at
Holt Renfrew

Jurlique is quite a popular line in Australia; it is a favourite of Victoria Secret model Miranda Kerr, who uses all-natural and/or organic skincare products on that dimpled face of hers. It was also recommended to me by a friend who insisted that it's ideal for sensitive Asian skin. So I gave it a whirl.

If you love a classic rose scent that's not too grandmotherly, than this is for you. It is a lovely mist: the smell is just the sort of thing that would calm you down after a hard day's work -- though, I imagine if you can afford Jurliqe, you probably have a rich husband and don't work much at all. It's moisturizing and calming for the skin, and can be used in place of a toner or as a light summer moisturizer. I just started using it, and I am happy to report that my skin hasn't developed any nasty reactions to this product (so far!). However, if you are sensitive to certain smells, this might be a tad overpowering for you. Normally, my sensitive nose can't stand strong odors, but the rose notes are so fresh and natural that I don't mind it at all!

It is a luxury skincare line, but many specialty, high-end organic stores carry these products. The price is a bit steep, but it's less expensive and more therapeutic than, say, a night out at Afterglow.

No comments:

Post a Comment